Today, Marvel Studios and Disney have announced the home release of what has been, by far, the biggest film of the year thus far, "Black Panther." The film has received an incredible amount of praise, garnering an impressive 97% (8.2/10) on Rotten Tomatoes and an 88 on Metacritic, and that's not to mention its $1.3 billion intake at the box office (so far).
While the film doesn't quite live up to the hype that's been generated these past couple of months, there's no denying that a lot of people were blown away by what they saw, so they should definitely be pleased that it will be making an early debut for home viewing after just three months in theaters. The film will be released first on Digital HD on May 8th, followed by the Blu-ray release on May 15th.
The following special features have also been announced:
· Director’s Intro
· From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion - Delve into the film’s making
· Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
· The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
· The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
· Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
· Deleted Scenes
U.N. Meet and Greet
Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
T’Challa Remembers His Father
Voices from the Past
· Gag Reel
· Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
· Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
· Director’s Commentary
o In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
Come to Wakanda “Before”
Come to Wakanda “After”
As per usual, it looks like we're getting a lot of "Making of" featurettes, along with a commentary track from director Ryan Coogler that will surely shed even more light on the making of the epic film. As if that weren't enough, we'll also be treated to deleted scenes, a further look at the vast MCU, and, to round things out, a gag reel.
All-in-all, it's looking to be another packed Blu-ray release from Marvel, so if you were one of the film's millions of fans, be sure to take note of the Digital HD (May 8th) and Blu-ray/DVD (May 15th) release dates.